Peanut Butter Clusters
For some reason peanut butter sounds like “Fall” to me? I always seem to make peanut butter cakes or cupcakes or pies in the fall.
I got this recipe from a friend when I was in high school, but I haven’t fixed this dessert since my KIDS were in high school, quite frankly because I end up eating more than I should because they are just THAT GOOD. Good luck at your attempt to take all of them to your tailgate!
- In a large pot, cook syrup and sugar (stirring) until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved.
- Stir constantly; do not overcook. Remove from heat, add peanut butter, and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cornflakes in a large bowl.
- Working fairly quickly, mix until cereal is thoroughly coated. Then drop in large clusters onto wax paper to cool. Makes about 20 clusters.
- Store in an airtight container and transport to your tailgate!