I’ve been making these bars since I was a teenager – they’ve held the test of time. I still LOVE them!
3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1⁄2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 2⁄3 cups butterscotch morsels (or one large bag)
1 cup walnuts or pecans chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, and beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt, and then add to butter mixture.
- Stir in butterscotch morsels and chopped nuts, if using.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until top is golden brown and center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.