Smoked Fish Dip
2 lbs fresh fish (cod, haddock, grouper or your favorite white flaky fish)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 TBSP Liquid Smoke
1 cup good mayo (like Hellman’s or Dukes)
1 package of Boursin cheese
8 oz cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion (I use Vidalia)
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 TBSP chopped fresh thyme
1 TBSP hot sauce (I use tabasco)
Freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- Season fish with salt, pepper and drizzle some olive oil over. Then drizzle the tablespoon or so of Liquid Smoke all over the fish.
- Bake at 300 degrees until fully cooked and flaky (~ 20-25 minutes or so).
- Cool fish and shred with your hands (making sure there are no bones or skin).
- Add fish to a food processor with all remaining ingredients and puree until fairly smooth (or use a hand mixer). Add additional mayo if needed to get a spreadable consistency.
- Serve with chips, crackers and/or fresh raw veggies. I also like to top each serving with a bit of hot sauce!
Categories: Appetizers Tags: