Broccoli Tomato Salad
A somewhat healthy addition to the weekend of tailgating…
1 – 2 heads of broccoli
5-8 slices cooked thick bacon, crumbled
1/3 cup chopped red onion, optional
1/3 cup raisins, optional
8 ounces sharp Cheddar, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise, preferably Duke’s or Hellman’s
2 TBSP white vinegar
1/8 cup sugar
1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the broccoli into flowerets (bite-size pieces). Place in a large bowl.
- Add the onion (if using), raisins, if using, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper stirring well.
- Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
- Packed in an airtight container and ready to place in a cooler and head to my tailgate weekend