Cinnamon Roll Cookies
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 lb butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg white
1 TBSP water
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 1/2 TBSP hot water
For the Dough:
- Bring cream cheese and butter to room temperature; cream together until fluffy.
- Add 1/4 c. granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla. With mixer on low, add the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Dump dough onto a well-floured board; roll it into a ball. Cut dough ball in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- After chilling, roll each dough half into a 9×6-inch rectangle.
For the Filling:
- Whisk together the egg white and water until foamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cinnamon and 1/4 c. granulated sugar.
- Brush egg white mixture onto the surface of the rolled out dough; sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Starting with the 9-inch side of the dough rectangle, roll each into a log, pressing gently to seal the edge. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Remove dough logs from the refrigerator and unwrap. Using a serrated knife, gently cut dough logs into 1/2-inch thick slices. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. Cool.
For the Glaza:
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and hot water until smooth. Drizzle over the top of cooled cookies. Let glaze set to dry.