Vidalia Onion Dip
This dip is super easy and yummy (a zestier version of the old standby Artichoke Dip). Definitely use a sweet onion, so the flavor isn’t overpowering. I’m from Georgia, so the onion of choice is ALWAYS Vidalia…..this dip is a huge crowd pleaser even if you’re not a big onion fan – DELISH!!
3 cups chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
2 cups mayonnaise, preferably Hellman’s or Duke’s
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
1 tsp hot pepper sauce (I use Tabasco)
Fresh coarsely ground pepper
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables or chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients.
- Transfer to a deep-dish pie plate sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with pepper and parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown, and onion is tender.
- Serve warm with crackers.